Question: What do you need and what documents are needed to open an account with the Banks of Tajikistan?
Answer: Usually all banks in Tajikistan need the same documents to open an account because their list is established by the supervisory authority (National Bank of Tajikistan). Rare and slightly different list of documents and their formats-types when opening an account in different banks of the country.
Thus, in order to open an account with a bank, the following documents are required:
For legal entities
- Application for opening an account (in an arbitrary or established format);
- The certificate (in the Tajik Shakhodatnoma) on the State Registration (This may be the Tax, NBT, the Ministry of Finance or others);
- Extract from the unified state register of legal entities (taken from the tax committee). In Tajik is called Iktibos;
- Letter from the Tax Authority for opening an account under the name “Maktubi ahboroti”;
- Evidence from the Tax Authority on the assignment of TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number);
- A card with specimen signatures which is formed in the bank (according to the established template)
- Passports (TIN) and orders for the appointment of the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Accountant.
List of documents for opening an account for individuals
- Application for opening an account;
- Evidence from the Tax Authority on Assignment (TIN);
- Passport (a copy of this document is filed in the bank);