The borders of Tajikistan are a length 3 651 kilometers with 4 countries including:
- From the west and north – Uzbekistan length – 1 161 km .;
- From the north by the Republic of Kyrgyzstan length – 870 km .;
- To the east, the Chinese People’s Republic of length – 414 km .;
- From the south of Afghanistan, length – 1 206 km.
The border between Afghanistan and Tajikistan: Today, on the border between Tajikistan and Afghanistan operated 7 bridges across the Panj river.
- Shaartuz bridge (in Nizhniy Panj) – Ayvaj. Two-way road bridge 672 meters long and 11.6 meters wide. The bridge across the Panj River connects the town – Nizhny Panj and Afghan town – Sher Khan Bandar. Opened 26.08.2007.;
- Shuraabadsky bridge – which is scheduled to begin operation in early 2016. Start of construction of the bridge on November 31, 2011 .;
- Darvazsky Bridge – located in the town of Cala Khumb. The bridge is 135 meters and consists of two bands. Date of commencement of operation of 6 July 2004;
- Vanj Bridge – The length of the bridge is 216 meters, making it the longest suspension bridge in Tajikistan. Its width is 5 meters, and load capacity of 30 tons .. Opened in August 2011 in the village of Humrogi .;
- Vanj bridge -2 – Carrying capacity of 100 tons, length – 146 meters, width of 10.5 meters, and the roadway is – 8.5 meters. Commissioned in 29 July 2015 which was built with 2014goda;
- Khorog Bridge (Village Tem in Shugnan district) – The length of the bridge is 135 meters, width – 3.5 meters with a capacity of up to 25 tons. Built in 2002.
- Ishkashimsky bridge – in the village of Langar. Malenko consists of two bridges that connect Ishkashim district of Tajikistan and Afghanistan.
The border between Afghanistan and Tajikistan is considered one of the unstable zones which are very difficult to control. Through this region move drugs and terrorists, due to which Russia is interested in the protection of this area.
The border between Uzbekistan and Tajikistan: Across the border is between Tajikistan and Uzbekistan are located mines without notifying any signs, which is a very dangerous area. Many people were blown up and died in this area. There are two points that allow you to move across the border between the two countries, one of which is located in the southern part of the country in the city of Tursunzade and the second in the northern part of the country in Asht district. Some of the border between the two countries is closed barbed wires and some are open at all but mined.
The border between Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan: This is the only safe and open area through which move people and goods. Citizens often do not passing the customs station to move freely to trade goods in small quantities. There is one official road connecting the two countries and a number of small paths and even open fields and spaces. Often between border residents of Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan (Isfara district) occur due to the friction of the water and the road, which was a headache both countries guidelines .;
The border between China and Tajikistan: The most mountainous area through which the boundary of these countries that have a lot of disputed territories. There is a connecting road called Kulma Karakorum with the customs point.