PAMIR – Gorno Badakhshan Autonomous Region (GBAO abbreviated or Tajik “VMKB” viloyats Mukhtor Kuhistoni Badakhshan.) – One of the most mountainous, sparsely populated, underdeveloped and large areas of Tajikistan is located in the eastern part of the country with a population of 226 thousand people, which is only 2.7 lisch % of the population.
GBAO formed on January 2, 1925 the administrative center of the region is the city of Khorog. It bordered on the north by Kyrgyzstan, China in the east, south and west of Afghanistan. The area of 64,200 km² (44.9% of the country). The composition of GBAO includes 1 city and 7 districts including Khorog and districts Vanj, Ishkashim, Murghab, Roshtkala, Darwaz and Rushan Shugnan.
Irrigated land GBAO up 17.7 thousand. Hectares, which equals 2.4% of the irrigated land in Tajikistan, dry lands 6.4 million. Hectares of gardens 1.1 thousand. Hectares of vineyards 1 thousand. Ha., Meadows 757 thousand. Ha ., housing 1.2 thousand. ha., backyard 4.7 thousand. ha. and seedlings for 75 hectares.
Photo Pamir of tajikistan
Mountains of Murghab
Badakhshan region of highlands known for its peculiar dialect, precious stones, expensive in China and resort Garmchashma and beautiful lakes. Economic and social life in GBAO is underdeveloped due to the mountainous terrain and lack of resources, including irrigated land, labor force and communicatively location. Distance from Khorog to Dushanbe is 527 km.
|NAMES OF CITIES AND REGIONS Badakhshan region
||3 844 221
||6 407 529
Economy GBAO (Pamir):
Field of industry is represented by 12 enterprises. The share of industrial production volume in the total volume of its production in the country amounted to 0.8% in 2014. In 2014, in the area produced 185 million kW / h of electricity, produced 290 tons. meat, 5 tons of sausages, 16.0 thous. tons of grain, 50.1 thous. tons of potatoes, 18.7 thousand. tons of vegetables, 0.3 thousand. tons of melons and gourds, and so on. d.
The number of cattle in the region amounted to 111.6 thousand at the end of 2014. Goals, including 37.6 thousand. Cows, 305.1 thousand. Sheep and goats, 5.4 thousand. Yak and 0.32 thousand. Horses . Capital investments for the economic development of GBAO in 2014 amounted to 105.2 million. Somoni, or 1.4% of the total volume for Tajikistan.
Health Care in GBAO
In the 36 hospitals. Power outpatient clinics, is 32.7 (per shift) per 10 thousand. Population. Population of the region provide medical services 367 physicians of all specialties and 1052 human nurses. On the basis of the hot mineral springs Garm-Chashma operates the eponymous resort.
Education in Badakhshan
In the region there are 20 preschool institutions, which brought 1600 a child, 320 general education day schools (including 45 thousand. Students), one medical school (0.4 thousand. Students) and one institution of higher education (5.1 thousand. Students ).
Videos about the people of GBAO:
Languages in GBAO (Pamir):
In Badakhshan region of Tajikistan there is an 11 languages are very different from each other and the cloves are not included in the family of the Farsi language. Besides Badakhshan languages are spoken in the peculiar accents and dialects that can immediately distinguish.
North Pamir languages
- Yazghulami language compactly presented in the valley Yazgulom Vanj district of GBAO.
- Starovandzhsky language existed until the end of the XVIII century. Valley Vanj, gave way to the Tajik language.
- Shugnan language is presented in the Tajik and Afghan Badakhshan. Within the Gorno-Badakhshan autonomous region it exists in the administrative center of the region – the city of Khorog, Shugnan and Roshtkala. On badzhuvskom Shugnan dialect is spoken in the villages of Upper and Lower Badzhuv Rushan district of GBAO on shahdarinskom and barvazskom – Roshtkala in GBAO region.
- Rushan language – the right bank and left bank along the Panj River and the Pamir village of Afghan Badakhshan.
- Hun language – the right tributary of the Panj valley, the village of Gough and Pasthuf. Some researchers hufsky regarded as a dialect of Rushan language.
- Bartang and close it roshorvsky languages – Valley Bartang Rushan district. They traced dialectal division into ravmedsky, sipondzhsky Sarez and dialects.
- Sarikoli Language exists in mainly in the Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region of China and Pakistan Chitral. Murghab Tajiks of Xinjiang in the Eastern Pamirs undergone assimilation with the Kyrgyz.
The genetic closeness of these languages Shugnan-Rushan Group is so large that mutual understanding can be achieved with the use of the native language or dialect in almost all cases. Difficulties can arise only in communication media Shugnan-Rushan Group-dialect language with Tajiks of Xinjiang. Shughni language due to the wide territorial prevalence and multiplicity of media plays the role of language as well as verbal communication mezhpamirskogo stadzhikskim language (“mezhpamirsky Farsi”).
South Pamir languages
- Ishkashimi language compact exists in several villages Ishkashim GBAO sanglichsky close to him – in the Afghan Badakhshan.
- Wakhi Language is represented in the upper reaches of the Panj River in Gorno-Badakhshan region Ishkoshim in Afghan Badakhshan, and in some villages in the north of Pakistan and the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region of China.
- Munji Language common in Afghan Badakhshan in the upper Kokcha river, and close to him Yudga language – in Pakistan.
Communication between carriers mundzhanskogo, Ishkashim, Wakhan, Yazghulami language and dialects, languages Shugnan-Rushan language group is mainly on mezhpamirskom Tajik and, in part, on Shugni.
Pamir languages in addition to Pashto and Ossetian Yaghnobi included in the eastern Iranian group of the Iranian languages and related extinct languages Sakas (Scythians), Bactrians, Sogdians, Khorezmians and other eastern Iranian ethnic groups.
Live Map GBAO (Pamir)